Scope of Works
Murphy’s were requested to recommend the scope of works for this project which involved crack repairs on walls by crack injection using Parchem FOSROC products.
Crack Injection Works to Walls – FOSROC Nitofill LV
Cured Nitofill LV epoxy is resistant to oil, grease, fats, most chemicals, mild acids and alkalis, fresh and sea water.
Methodology of Works:
- Surfaces were cleaned and free from oil, grease, free standing water or any loosely adherent material. A light grind of the surface adjacent to the crack helped remove any contamination and assisted adhesion of the surface seal. All dust was removed.
- Nitomortar AP paste was applied to cracks to seal cracks prior injection of epoxy
- Injection flanges attached directly over cracks for direct injections
- Epoxy material applied to cracks and allowed to cure
- Injection flanges removed and ground back to smooth surface, suitable for coating application after the curing period
Crack Injection Works to Walls – FOSROC Nitofill PU150
Nitofill PU150 is a multi-purpose injection resin designed to seal leaking cracks, voids or fractures in concrete structures. The single component system reacts with water to form foam that expands filling the void and forming a tight, impermeable elastomeric seal, stopping the water flow.
Methodology of Works:
- Appropriate size holes drilled at a 45° angle to intersect the crack or joint approximately half way through the thickness of the concrete (300mm wall, drill to intersect at 150mm depth).
- The injection packers inserted into pre-drilled holes were fixed at intervals along the length of each crack.
- The distance between each packer depended upon the width and depth of the crack. Spacing was close enough to ensure that the resin will penetrate along the crack to the next point of injection.
- Nitofill PU 150 pumped slowly until resin appears on face of crack
- Started at lowest point and worked upwards
- Provided remedial repairs using Vandex or HB70 concrete mortar following removal of injector flanges
- Allowed to cure
The product was injected under pressure via pressure pot and must be applied under pressure to ensure product is provided into the cracks.
All works performed in accordance with the Parchem Technical Data Sheets.