Completed Project: Eveleigh Carriageworks Roofing & Drainage Project
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope included the restoration of iron heritage guttering, installation of a new siphonic plumbing system, construction of a new roof structure over the existing roof, installation of new metal roof sheeting, new box guttering & all new flashings & cappings.
Eveleigh Carriageworks is known & listed as a heritage site; hence project procedures were required to be executed accordingly. Murphy’s Group initiated special controls were put in place to ensure all heritage items were not disturbed during the course of works. This was achieved through the creation of a Project Specific Management Plan, which was implemented & followed for the duration of the project.
For the project to be successfully completed there were many critical tasks which were required to be performed. Some of these tasks were:
– Operation of an 80 tonne crane
– T.V productions in progress adjacent to the site
– Co-ordination of deliveries in public areas & access ways
– Working around a 50,000 volt transformer
– Working in close proximity to the edge of the building