Trusted heritage restoration experts
Murphy Remedial Services are highly experienced heritage restoration specialists.
Over our 28-year history, we’ve restored some of the oldest buildings in Australia. Our slate experts have also worked on buildings in England that are more than 300 years old.
We’ve brought a new lease of life to some of the most historically valuable public assets in NSW.
Our portfolio also includes a wide range of restoration work on privately owned heritage homes across the Sydney region.
Heritage restoration from top to bottom
We have the skills and knowledge to restore or rebuild every part of a heritage building in a faithful and sympathetic way, including:
- slate roof repair and replacement
- restoration of stone work and masonry
- conservation of stone buildings
- cooper and lead work
- framed and sash window and doors
- traditional carpentry
- floors, staircases and paneling
- painting, desalination and lime wash
- stone carvings and shaping
- heritage facades, and
- restoration of heritage clock faces and towers
Murphy’s has a solution to every problem
Our team has worked on a wide range of heritage projects, including:
- Benledi House
- Paddington Town Hall
- Victoria Park Barracks
- White Bay Power Station
- The Magazine Precinct – Goat Island
- Annandale Sub-Station
- St Peters Town Hall
If you are in any way responsible for maintaining Australia’s heritage, we have the solutions to your problems.
Slate roofing specialists
Our sympathetic approach to the restoration of heritage properties, and slate roofs in particular, has made us a sought after partner in a wide range of commercial and residential projects across Sydney.
Slate is a traditional and extremely durable roofing material with a superb finish, but the quality varies.
We work with the best quality Welsh Penryhn slate, and on many occasions, Murphy’s has replaced a lesser, substitute slate to restore heritage roofs back to their original style.
Our expertise encompasses:
- lead flashings and valleys
- lead box gutters
- patination of lead work
- decorative heritage saddles and finials, and
- custom made copper rainwater goods.
Murphys Heritage Restoration has completed Bronte House the photos speak for themselves from external refurbishment of windows façade Slate Roof ,Sandstone works .
Why choose us?
You can trust:
- our portfolio of quality work, our reliability and high level of service
- a 28-year history of quality work
- our selection of the right materials and best tradespeople
- our commitment to work in partnership with you and your and heritage consultants
- our guarantee on all work, and
- our commitment to environmental issues – it’s part of our philosophy
If you want to know more about our service, contact us today